This is the full list of countries allowing visa free travel to Maltese passport holders. As this is general information, which may change any time before you travel please contact the embassy of the targeted country.
|Maltese nationals do NOT require a visa to enter the following countries, see notes below for those countries marked with an asterisk:|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Hungary||Republic of Korea [South]|
|Barbados||Jamaica||St Kitts and Nevis|
|Bosnia Herzegovina||Kosovo||Slovak Republic|
|Brunei Darussalam*||Liechtenstein||South Africa|
|Chile||Malawi||St Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Czech Republic||Mongolia*||The Gambia|
|Dominica||Monaco||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Federal Republic of Germany||Netherlands||Ukraine|
|Fiji||Nicaragua||United Arab Emirates|
|FYROM (Macedonia)||New Zealand||Vanuatu|
Travelling for tourism purposes in the USA does not require a visa for a maximum of 90 days on the following conditions:
- One has to travel with a biometric passport.
- One has to fill in an e-form called ESTA at least 72 hrs prior to departure, such information has to be submitted via the US Embassy website: www.malta.usembassy.gov
- Any Maltese national who is still in possession of a valid entry visa on a non biometric passport, can still enter the USA.
- If any of the above mentioned criteria is not met than a Maltese national needs to apply for a US visa
- Only businessmen, students, and missionaries require visa for Colombia and Peru.
- Maltese nationals travelling to the SULTANATE of OMAN will be given a visa, valid for a 14-day visit, upon arrival at Seeb International Airport. They do not require a sponsor from the Sultanate of Oman.
- Visa for the Philippines is not required for a period not exceeding 30 days, as long as their passport is valid for more than 6 months and Maltese nationals hold a return flight ticket for the end of their stay in the Philippines.
- Visa for Taiwan is not required for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- Visa for Brunei Darussalam is not required for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- Visa for Kuwait is issued upon arrival.
- Visa for Nepal is issued on arrival
- Visa for the Dominican Republic is issued on arrival
- Visa for St Kitts and Nevis is applied for online on the following website http://www.gov.kn by clicking on visiting and visitor information respectively. Maltese nationals do not require a visa to visit St Kitts and Nevis for a period of up to 90 days.
- In the case of Turkey only electronic visas will be applied for and can be obtained online on the webpage: www.evisa.gov.tr.
- For Mongolia Maltese citizens are exempt from requiring a visa for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days.
- For Kyrgyz Republic Maltese citizens are exempt from requiring a visa for a period not exceeding sixty (60) days.