- Dual citizenship is allowed
- Lifetime citizenship
- Dependent children under the age of 26 are included
- Dependent family members over the age of 55 included
- No interview requirement
- Free movement within the European Union
- Visa free travel to more than 150 countries, including the USA
Disadvantages of the program:
- Expensive program, high level of investment required
Legal basis for citizenship:
The Individual Investor Program of the Republic of Malta (IIP), by virtue of Legal Notice 47 of 2014
Provided with citizenship
Personal income tax rates in the country:
Tax residents of Malta should pay taxes on their worldwide income.
The personal income tax rates vary between 0 and 35 %.
Year of commencement of the program:
Year of closing of the program:
The program will be terminated once 1 800 passports have been issued.
Photocopy of the Maltese passport: