- You can acquire an expedited residency permit for Hungary, which has been a member of the European Union since 2004.
- Within the same framework, the application can also cover family members, that is spouse and children under the age of 18.
- The temporary residency permit is valid for a period of 5 years, during which time permit holders are free to settle in Hungary.
After six months, holders of temporary residence permits can apply for full residence permits, which, once acquired, can then be extended for the duration of the applicant’s life.
- Hungary is part of the Schengen Area, meaning that holders of temporary residence permits are free to come and go within the countries of the Schengen Area*, and can stay there for 3 months every six months.
* Member of the Schengen Area:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark (expect Greenland and the Faroe Islands), Estonia, Finland, France (expect overseas territories) Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands (expect the overseas areas) Norway (expect Svalbard), Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.