Preparation of applications
Promoters/Agents/Applicants should familiarize themselves with the required document. All the documents must be included in the application package in order for applications to be processed.
DOCUMENTS SHOULD NOT PRE-DATE THE SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION TO THE FSU BY MORE THAN THREE (3) MONTHS
Submission of application
The complete application package should be submitted to The Manager Financial Services Unit
Ministry of Finance.
Comfort Letters and Investment Deposits
After careful consideration of the application by the Financial Services Unit, the promoter/agent/applicant will be issued a comfort letter from the Minister of Finance and Social Security. Upon receipt of the comfort letter, the stipulated investment should be deposited into the Citizenship account at the:
National Bank of Dominica
For credit to Ministry of Finance & Planning Government of Dominica – Economic Citizenship Account No. 115003026
64 Hillsborough Street
Commonwealth of Dominica
Swift code: NCDMDMDM at BANK OF AMERICA, NEW YORK
The name of the investor should be indicated clearly on the Wire Transfer/Deposit Slip.
Simultaneously, notification of the payment/deposit should be faxed to the Manager of the Financial Services Unit. All investments should be net of bank and transfer charges.
INVESTMENTS WILL NOT BE TRANSFERRED FROM THIS ACCOUNT EITHER FOR PRIVATE OR PUBLIC SECTOR PROJECTS’ USE UNTIL NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATES HAVE BEEN ISSUED.
Interviews, Taking Of Oaths & Naturalization
It is mandatory that all investors be interviewed by a government appointed committee or committee members. Interviews are to be conducted in Dominica. The interview will be conducted in English and therefore applicants are expected at a minimum to be able to communicate verbally in English. Also if an investor is unable to travel to Dominica and wishes to have his interview conducted overseas then he would be required to pay US$ 3 000 plus the full travel costs (hotel, airfare and Per Diem) for three members of the interview panel. It should be noted that under no circumstances will an interview be waived. Government has an approved list of translators who are able to assist in the case where an applicant is not fluent in the English language. A fee of US$ 100 will be charged for the use of a translator. Interviews will only be conducted where all documents are in order one (1) week prior to the date of the interview and the agent/promoter confirms that the investor will be attending the interview. The questions posed at the interview will fall within the following categories:
- Personal information and eligibility for Dominican citizenship
- Social, political and economic life in Dominica
- Reason for seeking Dominican Citizenship and proposed contribution to Dominica’s socio-economic growth
- Allegiance to Dominica
It is the responsibility of the promoter/agent/applicant to make the appropriate arrangements and appointments through the Financial Services Unit with regard to the interview.
The agent will be notified about the results of the interview one month (1) after the interview date. If the application is recommended by the interviewing committee for further processing, it will be forwarded to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Labour, that is the ministry responsible for granting economic citizenship. It should be noted that submission of an application to this ministry does not guarantee economic citizenship.
2. Taking of Oath
Upon final approval of application by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Labour each applicant is required to sign an Oath of Allegiance before a Notary Public, Justice of Peace or Commissioner of Oaths. Parents or legally appointed guardians of minors, aged zero to sixteen (0 – 16) must sign the Oath of Allegiance on behalf of the minor. At this point, each applicant is to pay a registration fee of US$ 1 000. A Certificate of Naturalization is then prepared and forwarded to the promoter/agent/applicant.
Procurement of Passports
Passports can only be issued after the applicant has been granted citizenship of the Commonwealth of Dominica, that is, after he/she is issued a Certificate of Naturalization under the authority of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Labour. The applicant/agent/promoter is entirely responsible for the securing of passports. No government officer or department is responsible for applying for passports for any individual. Passports can be procured by submitting the following to the Immigration Office, Police Headquarters, Roseau:
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Completed passport application forms for each applicant along with Government Treasury receipt of EC$ 100 on Form “A” for adults or Form “B” for children (0-16 years). These forms must be submitted as issued by the Immigration Department. Reproduction or duplicates will not be accepted.
- Two passport-size photographs – 2.5″ x 2″
- Renewal of Passports – EC$ 100
- Replacement of Lost Passports – EC$ 500
Procedures For The Conduct Of Due Diligence Investigations
The following procedure is to be adopted for the conduct of due diligence investigations: -
- The Disclosure Form is to be completed in duplicate for all applicants aged sixteen (16) and over.
- The agent/promoter/investor should forward the original Disclosure Form together with the necessary payment to the due diligence agency. The duplicate form together with the other required application documents will be submitted to the FSU.
- After the background investigation has been completed, the due diligence company will forward the results directly to the FSU.