- Investors must be over 21 years of age.
- Applicants for Economic Citizenship must be of outstanding character.
- Application must be on the prescribed form and all necessary supporting documentation must be provided. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL PHOTOCOPIED DOCUMENTS MUST BE CERTIFIED AS A TRUE COPY BY A NOTARY PUBLIC. FAX COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ALSO ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED MUST BE IN ENGLISH. DOCUMENTS WHICH HAVE BEEN ISSUED IN A FOREIGN LANGUAGE MUST BE TRANSLATED BY AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR WHO SHOULD NOT BE THE AGENT/PROMOTER OF THE INVESTOR.
- A letter of application for economic citizenship addressed to the Minister responsible for Citizenship stating the reason(s) for applying for economic citizenship must also be included in the package.
- Application forms must be signed by the applicant or by the parent or lawful guardian of children under the age of eighteen (18).
- Applicants must have a basic knowledge of the English language.
- Each investor/applicant under the programme shall deposit into the appropriate account at the National Commercial Bank of Dominica the amount of their investment. This amount shall not be withdrawn from the account unless the application is withdrawn, rejected or approved. In either of the first two cases the applicant will be refunded. However, if the application is rejected because of false information or declarations, forged or fraudulent documents submitted by the applicant then the investment will be forfeited to the Commonwealth of Dominica and shall not be refunded.
- If the application is refused, all sums (net of bank charges and exchange rate differential) paid into the designated account shall be refunded to the applicant within one (1) month of the rejection of the application. However, no sums paid as fees to Government on applications for economic citizenship shall be refunded. A request for refund shall be addressed to the Minister for Finance.
- Processing of applications for economic citizenship can take at least eight (8) weeks.
- All applicants for Economic Citizenship must have a promoter/agent.
Not required during or after the application process
Application Form must be completed in duplicate for all persons desirous of Dominican citizenship, children included. A parent or legal guardian of applicants under eighteen (18) years of age must sign the application Form 12 on behalf of the minor. All Form 12s must be notarized to be complete. Reproductions of the Form 12 are accepted. The section of Form 12 labelled “REFERENCE” can be left blank.
- Two (2) original personal references (Not Professional References) for the investor, spouse and any child over 18 years old. Testimonials should include a paragraph about the referee, who must have been acquainted with the applicant for at least five (5) years. Identical testimonials will not be accepted. Also testimonials should not be from family members. An original letter of recommendation from the Principal/Dean of the school or university for children between 12 and 18 years old.
- One (1) original Professional reference for the investor. References should be from a person who has been acquainted with the investor’s work for at least three (3) years.
- One (1) original recommendation from the investor’s banker (Not a certificate of Deposit/Bank Statement). The investor must have been a client of the bank for at least two (2) years. The recommendation should contain the contact information for the bank. Unsigned bank recommendations will not be accepted.
- Original Letter of Employment for the investor. If self-employed most recent audited financial statement of the business.
- Original affidavit by investor stating source of funds.
- Marriage certificate where applicable. If an applicant is divorced and has remarried then a notarized copy of the Dissolution of the Marriage is required.
- A letter of application addressed to the Honourable Minister responsible for Citizenship requesting citizenship is required of the investor or the head of the family applying for citizenship stating the reason(s) for applying for economic citizenship.
- Original Police clearance certificate or a similar document provided by a law enforcement agency confirming the absence of a criminal record is required of all applicants aged sixteen (16) and over. Police records are required from country of birth, citizenship and residence (where the applicant has lived for six (6) months or more) if different. Police records are required from a County/State and at Federal Level. All police records must be accompanied by a set of fingerprints. For children aged twelve to fifteen (12-15), sworn affidavit by parent that child does not have criminal record is required.
- Four certified passport size photos. On the reverse side of each photo a notary public should endorse the following statement:
I certify that this is a true likeness of the applicant Mr./Miss/Mrs./Ms __________________”.
- Birth certificate for all applicants.
- Notarized copies of University/College diplomas.
- Completed medical tests for all applicants. Applicants between the ages of 0-5 years will not be required to take an HIV test.
- Non-refundable Processing Fee of US$ 200.
- The non-refundable application fee of US$ 200 and stamp cost of US$ 15 as stated in the list of fees apply to each applicant. These fees and stamp costs must accompany the rest of the application package. Payments can be made in EC dollars and must be net of all bank and transfer charges. The exchange rate is US$ 1.00 = EC$ 2.70.
- A detailed resume/business background report is required of all applicants who are working adults. The occupation of all working adults must be clearly indicated.
- Completed Disclosure Form for all applicants over 16 years of age.
- Statutory declaration attesting that the information submitted in the application package is correct. If the applicant is experiencing difficulties in obtaining a statutory declaration, the document may be processed in Dominica.
- Any other document deemed necessary by the Minister.
All applicants undergo the same due diligence process. If any issues from their background which would be grounds for rejection emerge, they will not be approved for citizenship.