Advantages of the program:
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- Lifetime citizenship
- Fast application process, within 120-150 days
- Working right is provided in Dominica
- Visa free travel to 120 countries of the world
- Family programme with high flexibility
Disadvantages of the program:
- Not very prestigious country or citizenship
- Not very well known country
Legal basis for citizenship:
Chapter VII of the Constitution sets out the conditions under which citizenship may be obtained or granted. Sections 97 to 100 make provisions for entitlement to citizenship by birth, parentage and marriage respectively. Section 101 allows Parliament to pass laws to grant citizenship to other persons who are not entitled under the preceding sections. Section 101 provides as follows:
- There shall be such provision as may be made by Parliament for –
- the acquisition of citizenship of Dominica by persons who are not eligible or who are no longer eligible to become citizens of Dominica under the provisions of this Chapter;
- depriving of his citizenship of Dominica any person who is a citizen of Dominica otherwise than by virtue of section 97, 98 or 99 of this Constitution;
- the renunciation by any person of his citizenship of Dominica.
Citizenship provided for by section 101 of the Constitution could only be granted under the Naturalization and Citizenship Act which stipulated that persons who had been continuously resident in Dominica for five (5) years could apply for naturalization and may be eligible for citizenship on payment of prescribed fees.
In 1993 the concept of Economic Citizenship was introduced whereby the residency requirement was waived. This amendment to the Citizenship Act meant that for a stipulated investment, persons could apply for Dominican citizenship.
Not provided with citizenship
Year of commencement of the program:
Year of closing of the program:
Photocopy of the Dominican passport: