- Dual citizenship is allowed
- Become resident of EU member country by investing in Bulgaria
- Fast track process for citizenship program takes approximately 1 year within legislative framework
- Physical residency exemption confirmed by legislation
- No language requirements
- Unique benefits towards European citizenship for investors and their families
- Favorable tax rates and free trade environment within EU
- Children will also be eligible for citizenship regardless of their age or marital status
- Competitively priced healthcare and education
- After approximately 3 years money from the investment can be returned
- Military service is not obligatory
- Visa free travel for Bulgarian passport holders. It is estimated that 97 countries and territories grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to Bulgarian passport holders
- Applicants from all over the world are accepted
Disadvantages of the program:
- Leniency might affect quality of accepted applications
- Less developed country
- Spouse has to wait 5 years to apply for citizenship after he/she obtains permanent residency permit
Legal basis for citizenship:
Art 24 and 25 of the Act for Foreigners in Republic of Bulgaria (AFRB), Bulgarian Citizenship Act – Art. 14A, Investment Promotion Act, in force since 2009.
The principal purposes of this Act are:
- to enhance the competitiveness of the Bulgarian economy through increase of investments in scientific research, innovations and technological development in high value added production and services respecting the principles of sustainable development
- to improve the investment climate and to tackle regional disparities in social and economic development
- to create new and highly productive jobs.
Personal income tax rates in the country:
The personal income tax rate is 10 %. Only residents who have lived in Bulgaria for more than 183 days over a continuous 12 month period are Liable for personal income tax.
Year of commencement of the program:
Year of closing of the program:
There are no plans to terminate the program.
Picture of a Bulgarian passport: